Tom and Diane Barroll, the owners of First Choice Property Management, have been full-time residents of San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico since 2000, after relocating from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Together, Tom and Diane run the day-to-day business of First Choice Property Management.
Tom spent close to 20 years in the offshore oil industry working internationally. He speaks Spanish well and, with his renovation and construction experience, he has developed good relationships with the local trades and construction personnel. Diane possesses many years of Operations Management experience and three degrees, including an MBA.
Tom and Diane are actively involved in community service projects in San Carlos including service as:
- Board of Directors: Rescate de San Carlos and Rescate Services Inc.
- Weigh master International Billfish Tournament
- Registration and organization committee Yacht Club Rescate Fishing Tournament
- Past Treasurer Guaymas San Carlos section of the Mexican Association of Real Estate Professionals
- Past Treasurer, Rescate de San Carlos and Rescate Services Inc.
- Past Treasurer, Country Club Residents Association
- Past Board member, Solimar Condominium Residents Association
Tom and Diane were among the first in Mexico to acquire a Real Estate license. Sonora is the first state in Mexico to require licensing of real estate professionals. The Barrolls are active members of the Guaymas San Carlos section of the Mexican Association of Real Estate Professionals (AMPI). As associates of AMPI they have the privilege to use the equivalent American copyright designation of Realtor.
Diane is an active member of the Arizona Mexico Commission (AMC) and sits on the Real Estate Committee. The AMC has 14 binational committees that act as industry and community advocates in partnership with the Commission Sonora-Arizona (its Sonoran counterpart) to facilitate cross-border trade, networking and binational information sharing.